Saturday, January 3, 2009

Yes Please... Oh Thank You...

Ask and receive. I am most grateful for so many things going into 2009.
1-My daughters
2-My closest friends
3-My family
4-My job
5-More order in my life

Christmas this year was really great. I got into the season with decorations, Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and lights. I was extremely moved when I watched the First President's Christmas message. Pres. Uchtdorf always communicates in a way that pierces my very soul. My mom went the extra mile to make sure that I got some cute Santa presents under the tree. Trace and I spent Christmas morning together with the girls and enjoyed the excitement of them ripping open their much anticipated gifts. I am so grateful that we are mature enough to do that. I have some great pictures that need to be uploaded to the computer. I have really enjoyed the snow and the spirit of giving. Emma still has Santa, Mrs. Clause, and Rudolf in her head. The girls keep singing the Christmas songs in the car and Emma asked me this week if Rudolf's nose really looked like a lightbulb. I told her I have never seen Rudolf personally, so I didn't know. I told her we could google some images and see. So we did. ha ha.


I have a close friend who has been through the most extreme of human circumstances. Recently, she spoke at a luncheon that I squeeked out of work to make. Everytime I hear her story, I am reminded of how grateful I am to be so close with her and how good I have it. Truly, life could be much more difficult. I admire her and her selfless role to so many people. Her little boy is the cutest thing EVER. I think I have a new addiction.
There was a time this past year that I earnestly prayed for a great group of single girlfriends. I knew I needed them and they came. There is a group of about 9 of us that are really really close. What I love most about them is that they are hillariously funny, genuine, solid, and so so caring. We have a 12 year age range. Some have been married. Some haven't. But what we bring is a diverse perspective and appreciation for each other. We become so emotional when we talk about how grateful we are for each other. There is a sense of unity between us that is so warm & cozy. To my other long time friends, you know who you are... :) I love you and am so grateful for you also. I don't think you can put a dollar value on a meaningful girlfriend relationship and I wouldn't exchange any of you.
Here are the newfound 2008 groupies in no particular order. Ashley, Jaime, Maren, Tiffany, Shawna, Cheri, Melissa, & Charity.
My friends and I had a really fun New Year. We went to dinner and then headed to a party to shake the booty to ring in 2009. I look forward to a new start and will work to accomplish the many goals I've set to create a better future.
To all of you that still read my blog after the "Newton" post. I hope that you have a wonderful New Year. I am happy and I hope that you are, too.

5 comments:

The Mendez Family said...

I love it ... I'm so happy that you have a close group of girlfriends - it's all about finding a support network. I looked for a long time in NJ and I've finally found mine. It's refreshing. Oh, and I LOVED your Newton post! Did you take it down?

k8 said...

a good group of women friends is the best thing ever. i'm so glad you have found one!!!! good luck to you in 2009!

Anderson4 said...

I'm so happy for you!!! Yes I still read your blog, even though I rarely update mine!!

Love Ya

Chris & Breanne Coccimiglio said...

I am glad you had a good New Years! I crazy how fast this past year has gone! I need to get going on my goals before this year has come and gone. I am glad everything is going good! :)

Wendy and the Crew said...

Hello cute girl! How are you? I see you have two darling children! I have tried to find you for like the past year and then low and behold you run into my mother a month or so ago! I had to do some digging but I found your blog. I hope all is well for you! Email me and we can catch up!