Last night I went to see Juno with my friend Jill.... OHHHHHH MYYYYYYYY Juno is one of the funniest movies I have seen in a long time. I don't want to ruin the movie for those who have not seen it (which most of you probably have because it has already been out for a couple of months.) But, wow!!! Whoever wrote that movie script did an incredible job nailing the teenie bopper language and writing the much needed comical entertainment. Jillian is 5 months pregnant right now, which made Juno exceptionally funny to watch together.
I have known Jill since preschool. PRESCHOOL!!! Although are lives are busy and we don't see each other very often, it never ceases to amaze me that when we get together, we pick up right where we left off. We fill in the blanks with stories that make us laugh or cry outloud and reminisce in our comical history we have had together. I am so glad that we have maintained our friendship over the many years.
I was also able to hang with old friends from elementary and jr. high this week. It is interesting to think about how time has changed us, yet how we are just the same old friends with expanded interests, families, and businesses of our own. Even though time passes and we are involved with our own activities, we still care about each other genuinely and can appreciate each others talents, contributions to society, and input to the widely diversified topics of educated and flighty conversation.
So, to all my long-time friends, I think you are BOSS!!! I truly value your friendship...truly, truly.
P.S. How awesome was that hamburger phone in Juno! I wish I had one back in the day.

2 comments:
About the Hamburger phone. I saw one in real life on Sunday at a Super Bowl Party. They have had this phone forever, but are now wondering if they could sell it on Ebay. Funny huh!!
I LOVE LOVE this movie. The dialog is brilliant. I loved seeing "George Michael" in his bright yellow jogging shorts the entire movie. OH, and the soundtrack is fabulous, too! Check it out!
Post a Comment