Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Eatin' healthy by "Gettin up offa that thing"

So I think I have adjusted to daylight savings and appreciate the rewards of it. I am over the "I have to get up early" bad attitude and very happy for the warmer brighter days of Spring. Today, I took the girls to the park. We had so much fun and I just can't believe how big they are getting. I have also been able to get out and enjoy the lighter evenings with some short runs. The nice weather motivates me to stay active and grab the "good" stuff to eat. I am (once again) on another kick of the "fresh" tomato, mozzarella cheese, basil combination topped with "freshly" ground pepper and drizzled with balsamic vinegar (instead of oil.) Doesn't it sound "refreshing?" Emma makes regular requests for this. Woooow!Sometimes I just might be borderline OCD with it. What quick healthy treat do you like to eat?

As I stated earlier, my exercise frequency has a direct relationship with me wanting to eat more healthy. Therefore, if I am plumping up you obviously know what is going on, eh? Lets just say that I am in the process of working out some of the kinks right now. Capish?

I stumbled upon this fun clip a few weeks ago. I enjoy watching talented dancers and this couple is a hysterical. The choreography is engaging and the guy makes a quadruple inside turn look effortless! They have so much fun performing and the ending alone is one of the best I've seen.
Sheesh I would love to do something like this someday.. Should I dye my hair platinum blonde and wear a peach outfit with a slit down the belly too? Oh great, I think I have to work on my splits, now... oh yeah, and my back bends, oh and my cartwheels, oh and black girl "attitude" neck moves... oh and have my girls spin me in an office chair so I can remember what it feels like to turn that fast!! How lovely...I just might barf doing all that!



This groovy dance is performed by the cousins Benji Schwimmer & Heidi Groskreutz at the US Open Swing Competition in 2005. I really love it after about a minute in. The music and choreography changes to James Brown and takes it up to a completely different level. They have some awesome moves. So while you eat your healthy snack, check this video out and "Get up offa that thang and dance till you feel better."

4 comments:

Julie said...

I LOVE fresh tomato, mozzerella & basil...you made it for me once at your house. It's so good. I need to get back on the healthy eating kick.

Those dancers are amazing. That was so entertaining to watch. You could totally pull that off, Wend!

The Coccimiglios said...

I love it the dancing! it makes me want to get back into some dance classes of course i never think i did the splits crazys til like that.

SYD said...

Oh my i LOVE the dance! it's so fun and cool. I also like the songs!!:) I don't think i could dance like THAT!!! <3<3<3

Asia said...

That was the coolest dance movements my family has ever seen!