Call me silly, but I love going to Harmon's grocery store. I have for years! You walk in...and you almost hear angels singing to greet you (ok, so it is really those piped tunes). But honestly, can a grocery store bring someone happiness... my answer is YES!! There are a few differences from the Store at Brickyard and the one on 7th East, but those are ones I go to . Here are my favorite things about why I like this grocery store so much. 1) It is clean, bright, and organized. 2) The one on 7th east has the greatest kitchen section... and I don't even like spending time in the kitchen... but I always wander to check out the latest and greatest... woooow!!! and then I really want to get some of this new cool stuff so I can create some delicious treat... double wow!! 3) Handicap and stork parking for those expectant/new mommies. When you have to haul more than one child, plus groceries, are pregnant and the weather is atrocious...this is ultra convenient 4) They have cool carts...not only do they have the large carts, motorized carts, and baskets, but they also have mini versions of the big carts...which are super slick, plus my girls love them and they can still sit in them 5) Cool holiday stuff...always 6) they have the greatest deli.. yummy cheese tasting, fresh local produce, delicious hormone free chicken, and a delicious salad section if you want to stop in for lunch 7) They have a drive up service, where they will load the groceries in the car for you. (when Sophie and Emma were really little, this was a life saver) 8) Last time I went to the store, the checker let Emma scan the groceries and the bagger let Sophie assist in bagging them!! Then the checker offered them both a balloon... where am I...the children's museum??? I was amazed! 9) The one on 7th east has a checkout station right by the door (separate from the other checkout lanes) for customers in a hurry or just want to grab something real quick 10) I always leave with a smile on my face... and that is worth something.
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Grocery Store Glee
Posted by Wendi at 8:38 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
you didn't mention the cheese tasting. Mention it.
Also, local goods. This is my favorite grocer in the valley.I have been singing praises for months now.
I added that and the hormone free chicken that is really good, too!! Smiles all around. What a great store!!
There is a special place in my heart for Harmons. Love it for all these same reasons!
You have NO idea how good you guys have it in Utah ... for some odd reason, New Jersey has some of the WORST grocery stores in the country! When people ask me what I miss most about Utah (other than family and friends), I say the grocery stores! Harmons has always been one of my favorites too :)
Post a Comment