I just had to write about how much snow we have been getting the past few weeks... snow, snow and more snow. I took the girls out sledding over the holiday and we had such a great time. We went to a sledding hill that had a playground close by so we could slide down the slides into a bunch of snow. We also enjoyed swinging on the swings and crawling in and around everything. I definitely had my workout for the day since on most runs I was either pulling one or both girls up the hill. Whew!! We befriended a couple of college girls that were also at the park. Since we had a really large innertube, we decided to exhange sleds with these college girls a few times so they had a larger tube. In exchange, they let us help them create a bump large enough for us all to catch some air during our turn down the hill. It was hillarious and the smiles and giggles among us were contagious to everyone in the area. Everyone loved the girls. Finally, we buried each other in the snow. Emma really liked it since she was really hard to find and it gave her a chance to rest. Sophie particularly enjoyed getting her entire body completely buried, including her face!! We just left a few holes for her nostrils and that was it. She laid there for a long time and no... she did not have a face mask on!! She is tough. This was confirmed when we went to Grandma Sharon's and Grandpa Lewies later that day. Grandpa was snowblowing the driveway and Sophie positioned herself right in the line of fire...intentionally. What girl does this? ha ha ha Snow came screaming right at her in the chest and face and she just took it like Nacho libre getting hit with melons in the chest... Sophie just laughed and moved right in line with the next track. My dad and I were shocked and completely busted up since this went on for at least 5 or 6 tracks. We are definitely surrounded with a Winter Wonderland.
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Winter Wonderland... Let it Snow!!
Posted by Wendi at 9:30 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a cute story ... where are the pictures to accompany it??!! No pictures of you guys sledding? We're looking forward to taking Reagan sledding when we come to town in March, since we have no snow here. We're also hoping to ski some fresh powder :)
I know!! I left the camera at home...grrr
Post a Comment