Sunday, January 13, 2008

Snuggles, dimples, and silly faces...

Anyone that knows anything about Sophie should definitely get a kick out of this picture of her with Belle. For those of you that don't know her so well, notice that Sophie is holding the back of Belle's arm. hee hee hee. Ever since Sophie was super little, she calmed herself with a funny thing...my tricep. When I rocked her, read to her, fed her, and primarily when I came to comfort her in the middle of the night, Sophie would reach up in her crib and go right for my arm and rub it and give it an occasional squeeze. Once she was old enough to communicate to me WHY she liked arms so much, I found it quite funny. She loves the feeling of a nice 'cold' arm. ha ha ha.. so in her own "Sophiesque" way, she is chilling with Belle and taking her temp.

Sophie's full name is Sophia Danielle Coccimiglio. She was born on a nice May evening in 2002. Sophie is such a joy. She is always beaming and rarely gets upset. She is a "happy go lucky" girl who is very thoughtful and "goes with the flow." She has always been my snuggle bug and can light up the room with her cheerful dimple, her jokester actions, and silly faces. She is a fabulous sister, a wonderful daughter, and a great friend and cousin. Young children gravitate to her because she is endearing, funny, and can maintain undivided, sweet attention with them. She loves babies.

Although Sophie likes socializing, she also enjoys her alone time because of her insecure and bashful side that surfaces on occasion. Sophie is very smart and has a knack for numbers. She loves Kindergarten and is in the only reading group in the class. Sophie can out run most boys, do the most awesome disco moves, play some great soccer, finish an entire maze book in a day, and plunk out a few piano tunes. Like her daddy, she is a gamester. Her favorite is Crazy 8's. This past Christmas, she played Mary in the family Nativity play.

This next picture is Sophie swimming in action. I don't know how many times she went down to find batons in the water on this day (and the next), but she definitely logged some serious time. Sophie is very tall for her age and celebrated her milestone of being "tall enough" to slide down the big waterslides this past summer. She was also really happy to be "tall enough" to ride on the big rides at Disneyworld.


This last picture is of Sophie and I with my neices McKenzie (14) and Sydney (11). I love this picture of Sophie because it is 100% typical of her. She has her silly smile showing her dimple and is snuggled in super close.

3 comments:

Jasmine said...

HEY!! I'm adding you to our blogroll--so glad you have a blog! It looks like the girls had a blast in FL!
Love ya!

Kirsten said...

hey wendy...you rock, and I love reading details about your girls. Glad you're bloggin' and we all have to have a digi scrappin' party one of these nights!

AL&G said...

Hey wendi, I came across your blog on the vw's blogroll. I love it. It's been a while, hope you're doing well.
Linds