Ever since I've had my girls, I have an automatic alarm go off at 3 am. Sometimes I wake up, ensure it is 3...oh yeah it is... and then roll over and go back to sleep. Most times I get up and check the lil' ladies. Sometimes I read and a lot of times it is my quiet time for thinking. At first I used to be annoyed by this phenonmenon-Why in the junk do I still consistently wake up at this rediculous hour? Yet, as the years have passed, I have really come to appreciate it. Yes, the 3am hour is a constant. This morning, I woke at 2:45, checked the ladies, and have been thinking.
I have been reading a book on the atonement that I really like. A portion of this book addresses the Savior's parable of going after the lost sheep...yet, being lost doesn't necessarily mean you have to be doused in sin. It is applicable for anytime in your life where you might have the "feeling" of being lost.
As ironic as it is, I know that I am where I am supposed to be, doing what I am supposed to be doing, but still have this sense of being lost. After much deliberation, I decided write a post about it. I have come to the conclusion that it is a gentle reminder to simply think of the Savior more often and understand that the feeling will work itself out. I have the song "Think of Me" on the playlist as my reminder to do it.
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Its 4:30 a.m.
Posted by Wendi at 4:33 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hi Wendi -
I got your comment on my blog, so i came and found yours too:) I knew Shane very well all through grade school, jr high and high school. He was always the greatest guy! Make sure to tell he and Kim hello for me. Hopefully I'll see you someday at one of these races!
You have such a darling family -- I always loved the Peterson's dimples!
Hey Wend! I can't believe you get up at 3 Every morning. That would kill me! Your tuff though and make the best of it! Well I am excited for this weekend... Girls Night. You are coming Right? Call Me! Love Ya! :)
Kind of funny how the only quiet us moms get is in the middle of the night. Every night when I wake up, I seem to be able to solve all of the problems of the world.(I get up every night for the potty breaks at around 2:30)
Love you,
Kim
Post a Comment