Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Wheelin' it

Nicole, Amy, Wendi, Kim, and Andrea at the SLC Marathon 2008
Bikers at a marathon event??? Yes, it is true. Remember the SLC Marathon weeks ago? I am finally getting around to posting about the Bike Tour event associated with the race. After a 4 am wake-up and a 6 am start time, I wasn't sure that I would ever sign myself up for such rediculousness again... Yet, that is before this event proved itself to be worth it. I had a fantastic time riding with my sister Andrea, my sister-in-law Kim, my cousin Amy, and friends Nicole and Phippen. It was a great course and so nice to have all the streets blocked off and no lights to stop for. During the ride, I looked up ahead to see some in-line skaters that hopped into the race. Holy Rollers!!! They were blasting by bikers even on hills. I couldn't believe how fast they were moving!! I have a whole new respect. I don't know when they pulled out of the race because I only saw one of them finish. Amazing. Kim rode pregnant and you wouldn't even have known. She and I got post race massages... ahhhhh. I still want to go to school for that one day. Thanks Andrea for the serious post race hook-ups. We were able to endulge in some post race treats at the IHC booth. yum! I think everyone's favorite part of the day was riding Traxx back up to the U with our bikes to get to our car. Hee hee hee. Thanks ladies for such an enjoyable time and great ride. Thanks Kim for the motivation to have us all register. Here are some fun pics. My next biking event is Little Red Riding Hood. Let me know if you want in.

Kim pumpin' some tires before the birds chirped.

Amy and I enjoying a nice finish

Not sure what I would ever do with this picture because I just look angry. It does show my friend Phippen in the background, makes me look competitive or somewhat tough because I'm wearing biker gloves, proves that I can attempt to mount a bike, and displays my newly purchased biking shoes and white skin underarmor shirt (which isn't that far off from the whites of my legs)Boss!

Amy, Andrea, Wendi, and Kim...It is early, but we are happy to be there.

I rode this bike in Washington DC touring some of the monuments a couple of years ago, which was amazingly funny. I must admit, I nearly wet myself from laughter passing tourists as the biggest freak show biking down the mall. Trace and his brother Joe took off their shirts and were throwing rental fliers to people as they yelled "Student Discount 50% off, tell them Joe sent you!" Yes, they created and tried to pull this discount off at the counter and it didn't work. But hey, that doesn't mean that no one else can't get it, right? Our tour guide couldn't even contain the laughter between her few f bombs. Yes, Trace and Joe had her breaking all the rules in about 2 minutes. Due to the size of the bike, there were a few close calls which deemed the bombs. We were off road 90% of the time. Of course, Joe and Trace were also trying to recruit anybody to ride with us during our tour, especially those who appeared half dead sitting on benches, those stuffing their faces, and those that could barely move on their feet. What a funny story. Thanks guys for some extremely funny memories. Anyway, it would be so awesome to get a hold of one of these beauties for the bike tour next year! I honestly think it meets biking criteria!

3 comments:

k8 said...

oh man, i can't wait to get to the point where a bike race doesn't sound scary! this looks awesome : ) Good job!

Asia said...

You are so tough! Good job. I especially like the "angry" picture. You rock!

Anderson4 said...

Congrats!!! It looks like you had a blast!!!!