How cute is this little sugar?!! April 25 marked an incredible day for numerous reasons. First off, my sister Heather had a baby girl and named her Brooke. She was a pre-mature little bundle so she had to spend some time in the NICU, which has been a bummer. The good news is that I found out that she gets to come home from the hospital today. :D Mommy and baby are doing swell...just swell. Yippee..
Little Brooke is a carbon-copy of my lil' sis when she was a baby. With a daddy that is 6'6" and a mommy that is 6'0," Brooke is bound to get some height as she gets older. I am sure she will also be talented like her ma and pa with a ball, so she'll probably hoop all the boyz in their neighborhood, too!
Here is Nate, Bubbie (Isaac), and Heather visiting lil' Brooke at the NICU. She has a little bubble over her head to help her get the oxygen she needs. Isaac is still adorable isn't he? He is such a big boy and I am so glad he has a sis to help take care of. I can't wait to get my fanny to Houston to visit them all, which will hopefully be next month!
Also on April 25th, one of my dearest friends, Megan, got married to her sweet hubby John Roberts. This exceptionally happy event brought numerous tears to everyone's eyes. Megan has faced so many challenges in the past five or more years with complications from spina bifida, the amputation of both her legs, a divorce, and the unexpected loss of her only son Chance just before his 3rd birthday. I seriously wondered if she would ever be able to recover, even in small ways, from such incomprehensible loss. Yet, she has and her resilliance is astounding. It was so moving to see her empty heart become filled again and to see what love can do to heal. She looked so wonderful that day and I am happy to say that John absolutely loves and ADORES her. It humbles me greatly that someone would look past her health problems and handicap to discover the wonderful person she is...and then to take on the task of being a caregiver and provider for her for the remainder of her life. Amazing.
What else on April 25th?!! Well, I took my girls to see my niece Sydney perform in a ballet of Snow White at Kingsbury Hall located on the University of Utah campus. Sydney is really talented!! WAY TO GO SYD! She is on pointe and is definitely the best one in her class.
Emma loved the performance and was "star struck" the entire show. Sophie was anxious to see Sydney and asked every dance if she was in it. She loved the wicked witch and the 7 dwarfs, but everything else to her dragged along because she was antsie to see Syd.
Emma loved the performance and was "star struck" the entire show. Sophie was anxious to see Sydney and asked every dance if she was in it. She loved the wicked witch and the 7 dwarfs, but everything else to her dragged along because she was antsie to see Syd.We went to the performance with my grandma tutu, my sister Andrea and her family.
McKenzie, my amazingly AWESOME tennis pro neice was tortured by the performance, but fortunately I shared some snacks and drinks to calm her down....well maybe only a little. You can decide... Here she is. :D love ya Big Mac.Oh and since I have pictures of it... I am CERT certfied. I completed my free CERT program organized by my local fire department. I don't know why, but the concept of my certification is quite comical to me. I am not exactly sure WHY, but everytime I think about it I just bust up... even though it is a very serious and cool thing.
I did get a green helmet and a green vest out of the deal.
Whenever there is trouble, I'm there on the double, eh?
This is a picuture of our review just before the mock disaster.
Here is a picture mid "mock disaster." I ended up getting the assignment of being in charge of the morgue. It was kind of slow at first, which is why I was able to take pictures mid-crisis. If they ended up in my section...that was...baaaaadd. "I see dead people."
Overall, I think it was really a great course. I have learned some valuable skills to put to use should disaster strike anywhere. I know that the principles can save the lives of family members, friends and those in your community. I recommend it to anyone.






3 comments:
Wendi! I finally got my Blog going! ha ha Yours is so cute and you are so good to keep it up to date. This will be a fun a good way to keep in touch. I miss ya. You'll have to teach me all the cool tricks for blogs. :)
Happy Birthday!!!! Hope you have a fun day!!!
Love the picture from Megan's wedding on your blog, I'm so bummed I missed it!!!
Now I know who to call in case of disaster!!!!
oh i am SO happy for Megan!!!
Post a Comment