It has been a while since I have updated the blog.
Points to Highlight
RACE FOR THE CURE
Sophie rocked the house in the Race for the Cure.
We ended up doing the 5K instead of the mile last minute. Sophie ran at least half of it. Of course, we had to stop and get a push pop and donuts at 7-11 mid-race. Yes, I admitted that there was something seriously wrong with that to the guy at the counter.
Immediately after the race, we headed strait for the car so Sophie could change into her uniform to play soccer. She insisted on playing and ended up scoring 2 goals. Amazing.
MOTHER'S DAY
My girls couldn't be cuter. For the entire week leading up to this holiday, they peeked in on the gifts they got me and stashed under their bed so I wouldn't find them. I couldn't help but get excited as the anticipation to give me their gifts heightened everyday. I was pleased as punch hearing their stiffled giggles and seeing their legs hang out from underneath their bed. Homemade gifts are the greatest. I got bookmarks and a homemade bracelet. My mom was out to my sister's in Houston for Mother's Day this year, so I decided to do something a little different. On Saturday we delivered gifts to Grandma Tutu and Grandma Ande so we would have some extra time on Sunday. After Emma's cute mother's day talk at church, we went to an Alzheimers Home and delivered a few balloons and flowers to some ladies.
MOTHER'S DAY
My girls couldn't be cuter. For the entire week leading up to this holiday, they peeked in on the gifts they got me and stashed under their bed so I wouldn't find them. I couldn't help but get excited as the anticipation to give me their gifts heightened everyday. I was pleased as punch hearing their stiffled giggles and seeing their legs hang out from underneath their bed. Homemade gifts are the greatest. I got bookmarks and a homemade bracelet. My mom was out to my sister's in Houston for Mother's Day this year, so I decided to do something a little different. On Saturday we delivered gifts to Grandma Tutu and Grandma Ande so we would have some extra time on Sunday. After Emma's cute mother's day talk at church, we went to an Alzheimers Home and delivered a few balloons and flowers to some ladies.
It was a teaching opportunity and memorable experience for all of us. I didn't want to take a bunch of pictures there, but did take a snap with this cute lady Pat.
Best part of the experience was Rose, who was the first person we gave "the goods" to. We bumped into her again just as we were leaving the facility. She was holding her flowers...staring and smiling. She did not recognize us from a few hours earlier and told us about her pretty flowers and tried to get to know the girls again. My girls were the star at that place because I really don't think they get children there often. I discovered they have a program meshing children with patients to play games. (kickball, bingo, etc.) Sophie is very interested in this and told the director she wanted to come for her birthday. Emma, not interested so much.
SOPHIE TURNED 6!
Sophie's birthday was on the 14th. She freaked out when I told her that she could get her ears pierced. After school I surprised her. We went to the mall together for some lunch (her choice...hot dog on a stick and orange julius) and the ear pokes.
SOPHIE TURNED 6!
Sophie's birthday was on the 14th. She freaked out when I told her that she could get her ears pierced. After school I surprised her. We went to the mall together for some lunch (her choice...hot dog on a stick and orange julius) and the ear pokes.
She was really brave and didn't cry at all. She picked out a bunch of earrings for later and skipped out of there.
She is such a happy girl. This is immediately post ear-pierce. We also went to Jungle Jim's and hung out together so she could blow out candles, do the bumper cars, and open presents from mommy and daddy.
She is having her party this Thursday with her friends at Classic Skating. They are all out of school this week for Kindergarten testing. She has already been tested. I don't want to brag with result scores, but I will say that she is super dang smart. (Thanks Trace) I will give updates about her party when I have them. I am still preparing myself for the chaos.
OFF to the RACES
Saturday, my little family headed to Tooele to watch some car races at the Miller MotorSports Park. I discovered that kids under 12 are free for all events (for those that didn't know.)
For those that have never been out to Miller MotorSports Park, let me tell you..that place is AWESOME!! The facility is so great, one of the best in the country!! For this event, the track was about 4 miles long. You can get shuttled to different places and turns on the track for free. We loved hearing the roar of the engines, watching how fast these incredible cars can go, and seeing them up close. We met a really cool dude that put my kids in his drag race car. I discovered he and his daughter race together. They each have their own car. Now that's an expensive hobby!
OFF to the RACES
Saturday, my little family headed to Tooele to watch some car races at the Miller MotorSports Park. I discovered that kids under 12 are free for all events (for those that didn't know.)
For those that have never been out to Miller MotorSports Park, let me tell you..that place is AWESOME!! The facility is so great, one of the best in the country!! For this event, the track was about 4 miles long. You can get shuttled to different places and turns on the track for free. We loved hearing the roar of the engines, watching how fast these incredible cars can go, and seeing them up close. We met a really cool dude that put my kids in his drag race car. I discovered he and his daughter race together. They each have their own car. Now that's an expensive hobby!
2 comments:
seriously, you are so ready to be on the general board of something. those are the kind of people who think to take their kids to an elderly home! what an amazing thing to do. i am just dumbfounded at its awesomeness.
Great post!! You all stay so active with your thoughtful outings and fun things that you do!!
Post a Comment